Driftwood Interiors FAQs | All the Details about our Wall Art Prints
Everything you need to know about Driftwood Interiors wall art prints can be found here; how the prints are made, what paper we use, paper sizes etc and everything in between!
How are the prints made?
Prints in this shop are giclee wall art prints taken from original watercolour paintings. All started out as unique artworks created by Kerri in her Brisbane studio; there is nothing mass-produced here and the artwork is not computer-generated digital images. Watercolour is a unique medium, which a computer programme just can’t replicate. Your print will retain as much depth and detail of the original painting as possible.
Which paper type do you use?
We use heavy, 300gsm aquarelle or Giclee paper for all our prints, to make sure they're not only beautiful but long-lasting.
Will my print have the watermark shown in the photo?
All prints come without the watermark shown, and are unframed unless stated otherwise.
Paper size vs. Print size
What paper sizes do you offer?
All listings show the paper size, e.g A4. However, we try to make framing your new artwork as easy and inexpensive as possible. For that reason, the image is sized to suit most standard frames and/or mat openings. For example, A3 prints are on paper measuring 11.7″x16.6″ (29.7cm x 42cm) but the image will be sized to suit 11″x14″ – a very common mat and frame size. So if you have a frame with a 11×14 mat opening, your image will work perfectly, with a little extra paper all around for clearance. Or, if you’d like to use a standard frame without a mat, that’s fine too. Just trim the excess paper to fit (if required) and you’re good to go. One thing to note is that the old adage of 'measure twice, cut once' is really appropriate here! If you're not sure of how to go about trimming the paper, you can ask your local framer to do it for you. It's affordable, quick and sometimes the best option. Here’s the full rundown on our sizes:
- A5 - Paper Size 5 7/8" x 8 1/4", or 14.8cm x 21cm. Image will also suit a 5" x 7" mat and/or frame.
- A4 - Paper Size 8.3″ x 11.7″, or 21cm x 29.7cm. Image will also suit an 8"x10" mat and/or frame.
- A3 - Paper Size 11.7″ x 16.6″, or 29.7cm x 42cm. Image will also suit an 11"x14" mat and/or frame.
- A2 - Paper Size 16 1/2" x 23 3/8", or 42cm x 59.4cm. Image may also suit a 16"x20" mat and/or frame depending on the design.
- A1 - Paper Size 23 3/8" x 33 1/8", or 59.4 cm x 84cm. Image may also suit a 20"x30" mat and/or frame.
- 12″ x 16″ – Paper size 30.5cm x 41cm. Image will also suit an 11″x14″ mat and/or frame.
- 17"x 22" - Paper size is 43.1cm x 55.9cm. Image will also suit a 16"x20" mat and/or frame.
- If you're unsure of which print size will best suit your mat and/or frame, feel free to contact our team and we'll be happy to help guide you in the right direction.
Do you offer custom sizes?
Yes, we can print in any size! Just drop us a line and we’ll send through all the details including pricing for you.